VTCT Course BT4C2 for Qualification Code 603/1305/5
Information for novices
This is a standalone course and no formal entry requirements are set by VTCT except that the learner must be over 18 years old. Learners should be aware that there is a lot of written work, independent study and a portfolio of 10 case studies to complete within approximately six months from registration. Learners must be in a position to complete all the practical work required before they start the VTCT Award.
The VTCT qualification is made up of the following mandatory units. All units must be completed in order to gain the qualification as well as producing a portfolio of case studies, written portfolio and an external final examination and assessments.
UC035 Health & Safety in the salon
UBT247 Client Care and Consultation
UBT248 Enhance appearance using microblading techniques
UBT249 Anatomy & Physiology for microblading techniques
UBT250 Eyebrow Shaping services
BT4C2.Ex1 External Examination – 2 hours
Learners who have qualified in Level 3 Beauty Therapy will still have to attend all sessions as, for example, the A&P is at a Level 4 standard and refers directly to the treatments being taught. They will also have to produce written assignments
in their portfolio.
Gina Collins Cosmetic Academy offers the following programme to complete this VTCT qualification. There is a total of 6 days in class as well as remote tutor support and guidance.
On-line Tattoo Infection Control Course (through www.protraining.eu)
Completed at home at additional cost of £24.95 ex. VAT paid direct to Pro Training Europe.*
Days 1-2 Theory & Practical (in class)
- Introduction to Level 4 Award in Enhancing Eyebrows with Microblading
techniques, A&P, client consultation and expectations, brow shaping
services, portfolio building.
- Introduction of home study of part 1 training manual and completion
Days 3-4 Practical microblading training on synthetic skins and live models, provided, (in class)
- Part 1 assessment – written internal examination and feedback.*
8-10 weeks Independent work at your salon
- Portfolio building and case studies x 10.
- Must be completed in approximately 3 months from date of registration to include at least one client with very sparse or no hair in the brow area.
- Case studies must not include top-ups.
- Completion of written assignments 6 months
- Continuous tutor support via email /skype/telephone contact as required until all units are completed
Day 5 & 6 Final practical assessment to provide Microblading brow enhancement treatment (in class)
- Portfolio presentation
- External on-line examination from VTCT – 2 hours
* Students will gain their QBCA Microblading Certificate as well as their
VTCT Level 4 qualification upon completion of these additional tasks.